The duration of a presentation slot is
- 30 minutes for invited presentations,
- 20 minutes for regular presentations, and
- 15 minutes for “Late News” presentations.
Please allow in your presentation slot 3 minutes for questions from the audience.
An LCD projector & computer (Windows 7, MS PowerPoint & Adobe Acrobat Reader) will be available in the session room for oral presentations. Neither overhead projectors, 35mm slides projectors, VHS videotape player, nor DVD player will be available.
Preparation of Visuals
- Speakers should arrive in the session room 15 minutes BEFORE the start of their assigned session and report to the chair person. A proctor should be available in case you need technical assistance.
- Please load your presentation file onto the lecture room computer during the break BEFORE your assigned session, and make sure it displays properly. To avoid software compatibility problems, speakers are advised to save their PowerPoint presentation with the Package CD feature and bring a .ppt or .pptx or PDF-version of their presentation. Please use Microsoft PowerPoint to create your presentation.
- Limit the number of words per slide to no more than 20
- Leave space between lines of text
- All fonts, including that on graphs, should be 18 point or larger
- Graphs and charts should have bold lines and symbols that contrast sharply with the background
All poster sessions will be preceded by a 30 minute "Lightning Round" session. In the Lightning Round, each presenting author will be allotted 2 minutes to present a single PowerPoint slide, highlighting the key result of their paper and poster. Please load your PowerPoint slide onto the lecture room computer during the break BEFORE your assigned “Lightning Round” session, and make sure it displays properly.
Please have your poster up at least 5 minutes before your poster session and removed immediately after it has ended.
The placement of your poster will be marked on the panel, where it will be presented with the number of your poster contribution. Ex: A5P-N.1 (A=first day, 5=time slot, P=poster session, N=area 1, 1=poster 1). Your number will be in the printed symposium program
The size of the poster panel that is available to each presenter is 42 inches wide x 42 inches tall (about 106 x 106 cm)
Your posters will be attached to the panel with tape, which will already be available on the panel. If you need more tape, please contact the poster area proctor.
Presenters can find their poster number in the final, printed program. Each attendee will receive one copy of the printed program in their attendee bag.